In order to bring about historical justice for the victims and reinstate the assets of Holocaust victims located in Israel to their rightful beneficiaries - seventy years after the Holocaust of the Jewish Nation, the Company for Location and Restitution of Holocaust Victims' Assets was established.
Zionist ideology which spread throughout Jewish communities in Europe before the Second World War motivated many Jews to purchase assets and invest in the Land of Israel and leave a mark on the Homeland. Some even intended this to be preparation for future Aliyah. Over the years, many of them would find their deaths at the hands of the Nazis, and those victims did not survive to realize the rights to their assets. Following the tragedy, funds, real estate and land that remained unclaimed were held in trust by various organizations, and were not transferred to their legal inheritors.
Following discussions of the Parliamentary Inquiry Committee headed by Collette Avital,
The Holocaust Victims' Assets Law, which was enacted in 2006, brought about the establishment of the Company for Location and Restitution of Holocaust Victims' Assets. The company was registered as a private company on 31.8.2006. The State of Israel is the only shareholder and the Company is committed to act for the benefit of the public as a nonprofit organization (NPO).
The Company's activities are dedicated to doing justice for the owners of assets who died during the Holocaust by locating the assets themselves and returning them to their rightful owners. Assets whose owners cannot be traced are utilized to aid Holocaust Survivors in Need, and to help fund educational institutes and projects aimed at commemorating the Holocaust, clearly giving top priority to aid for Holocaust survivors.
As part of its mandate, the Company has been authorized to locate only assets located in Israel whose owners were most likely Holocaust victims.
We are committed to:
- The location of Holocaust victims' assets located in Israel and the transferring of these to the Company's trust so they may be administered in accordance with the Law, employing all powers of investigation and examination entrusted to by the Law.
- Initiating independent activities aimed at obtaining information regarding assets that belonged to Holocaust victims, and the last rightful owners of these, as well as the location of beneficiaries and other holders of rights in the assets.
- The reinstatement of Holocaust victims' assets or their fair value to those eligible for these, in accordance with the Law.
- Aid to Holocaust survivors in the fields of medicine, care and welfare, psychological and economical support, and support for those agencies and entities that assist Holocaust survivors.
- Support for institutes and entities, initiated activities aimed at commemoration, documentation, education and publicity regarding the Holocaust and the bequeathing of a heritage of remembrance for future generations, so that the memory of the victims will not be forgotten.
The Company's internet site includes a list of assets in Israel whose owners most probably died in the Holocaust, so that the offspring of the Holocaust generation - or any person with information regarding relatives who lived in Europe and died in the Holocaust - may examine it and locate the assets of their loved ones.
The Company's Code of Ethics.
The Company for Location and Restitution of Holocaust Victims' Assets Ltd.
Our address: POB 7286, 18 Hasivim St., Petach Tikva, 4959376
For inheritance applications please call 03-5164117 or send an email to
For requests of aid for Holocaust survivors please call 03-6135351 or send an email to